Breeding Pairs of Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think they would because that would require them to grow out and hold onto the fish, plus it also means more tank spaced used and the fish will be exposed to numerous desieses.

My lfs, said that they can order 6 kribensis becuase each fish comes in a stated quanity from the wholesaler. I was wondering if when your pair have eggs, do they wander the tank? My female will stay in the pot with the eggs only coming out ocassionally. Now that it is about 3 days from the spawn I am assuming they are wigglers. Now my female goes all over the tank leaving the pot with the little ones open to my chinese algae eater and cherry barbs. The pair is still chasing the other fish and acting more aggressive. I just feel that the pair somewhat clueless to careing for wigglers...

They should be ok still, but they might be eaten, once they are wigglers (because mine are a pot with a bottom and top sorta thing) i lift up the pot and take a look in. They will USUALLY go straight back in and hide them somewhere. My female died leaving me with the wigglers. It was so sudden i didnt relize she was dying until she was dead :(

The female who kills the males? That sucks, I am so sorry for the loss. I think my male krib is attacking the female now... From breeding rams, I found this usually means the female messed up. My best pair always started fighting when the eggs turned to wigglers. The male was the aggressor, to me it bacame obvious he was trying to protect the babies from the female who must have been eating them. I may end up getting two new pairs of kribs all together. I will see how this batch of fry turns out in the end before making a final decision. I may just end up getting a group of juvie kribs myself and letting them pair naturally so the pair doesn't have so much tension.

Back
Top Bottom