Breeding zebra danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juanrivas16

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do i setup the breeding tank? How do I condition them for breeding ? How to take care for the eggs? Sexing etc...

Females are very plump. A standard 10 gallon with a yarn spawn mop would be a good setup. Remove the parents after the eggs are a lid. Feed the adults brine shrimp and give the fry baby brine shrimp

Thanks for the advice, I was cleaning my tank (where I have my danios) and I found eggs. How do I successfully hatch the eggs, there are some clear eggs and some whitish eggs is this normal?

The white eggs are not going to hatch so you need to remove them before fungus becomes a problem. I believe sunlight is key to hatching the eggs that are 48 hours old

Unfortunately some of the fertile eggs have fungus, I separated the healthy eggs from the ones that are white and have fungus, I think they are close to hatching because I can see them moving a lot. When they hatch I have to feed them infosuria but where do I find it?

Infosuria is a term used to describe microorganisms. You can look for baby brine shrimp or moina.

Ok,I'll acquire some baby brine shrimp. I can see the embryo fully developed, I just have to wait for them to hatch

Here is a pic of one of the eggs

Attachments

• image-2037081155.jpg
    image-2037081155.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom