Bubble eye and celestial eye goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

typhoon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really like these fish. I know they are more delicate breeds to take of though. Does anyoe have any good information about them. Like water,tank and food specifications?

I have several fancy goldfish (2 ryukin, 1 oranda, 1 red/white telescope, 1 fantail) and about 100 fry in a small fry tank right now haha! (There's also a high-fin spotted pleco that lives in the tank with the adult goldies). (In the past, I have had celestial/bubble eyes as well). One of the best things you can do when setting up a fancy goldfish tank (as with most other tanks) is to make sure that none of your decorations have sharp edges that they can cut themselves on- this will help prevent infections/etc.

I feed my goldies frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp (thaw them out in warm water with a pinch of Prime and then feed with Reptile Tongs). I also feed "low waste" goldfish flakes, and small snails (I breed my own and keep them in different tanks so I know they aren't carrying diseases,etc). Hope that helps!!

Also - they like hardy plants like Amazon Swords in their tanks. I would also say that with goldfish (fancy or not) the larger the tank, the better! They love room to swim and play! Oh and don't believe what other people say- they're no more trouble to take care of than any other fish really as far as cleaning goes- just do weekly water changes and clean them with a good gravel vac. As far as filtration goes- I rinse my filter every week and replace it once a month.

As far as fancy goldfish go- they prefer warmer waters than their comet cousins/etc. Even though they're fancy goldfish and not comets- they can still grow between 6-10+ inches, so make sure that they have a large enough tank! (At least a 20gallon/fish would help keep them happy)! I keep mine in a tank with a high-fin spotted pleco- so I try to keep the water temperature between 78-82 in my fancy goldfish tank. :)

If you have any questions, I'm only a pm away! Fancy goldfish are such fun little fish to have around! :)

I have several fancy goldfish (2 ryukin, 1 oranda, 1 red/white telescope, 1 fantail) and about 100 fry in a small fry tank right now haha! (There's also a high-fin spotted pleco that lives in the tank with the adult goldies). (In the past, I have had celestial/bubble eyes as well). One of the best things you can do when setting up a fancy goldfish tank (as with most other tanks) is to make sure that none of your decorations have sharp edges that they can cut themselves on- this will help prevent infections/etc.

I feed my goldies frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp (thaw them out in warm water with a pinch of Prime and then feed with Reptile Tongs). I also feed "low waste" goldfish flakes, and small snails (I breed my own and keep them in different tanks so I know they aren't carrying diseases,etc). Hope that helps!!

Also - they like hardy plants like Amazon Swords in their tanks. I would also say that with goldfish (fancy or not) the larger the tank, the better! They love room to swim and play! Oh and don't believe what other people say- they're no more trouble to take care of than any other fish really as far as cleaning goes- just do weekly water changes and clean them with a good gravel vac. As far as filtration goes- I rinse my filter every week and replace it once a month.

As far as fancy goldfish go- they prefer warmer waters than their comet cousins/etc. Even though they're fancy goldfish and not comets- they can still grow between 6-10+ inches, so make sure that they have a large enough tank! (At least a 20gallon/fish would help keep them happy)! I keep mine in a tank with a high-fin spotted pleco- so I try to keep the water temperature between 78-82 in my fancy goldfish tank. :)

If you have any questions, I'm only a pm away! Fancy goldfish are such fun little fish to have around! :)

+1. Great advice! One day when I'm older I'd like to have a fancy goldfish tank (along with a fully planted community, discus and reef tank and so many other pets haha.)

Back
Top Bottom