Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it a good idea to add a bubblestone or are those just a decor thing

Hi xfactor, Bubblestones are not just for decor, they break
the surface tension and it allows oxygen into the water so
they are doing a good job and they also look good.

Pete

Yes it does, if you have one, you didn't mention a filter, but a bubblestone will still help the oxygenate the water.

Pete

I added one to my tank because the filters weren't oxygenating the water enough. I added the bubbler decor and it fixed all my problems and my fish stopped gasping for air. I think they're a good addition to any tank, unless you have an UGF. They also come in natural looking styles, in case you're like me and hate the "tacky" look ;)

if you wanna avoid the tacky look and have your water circulate more, try a powerhead, it oxygenates the water and circulates it..

aquabeast said:
if you wanna avoid the tacky look and have your water circulate more, try a powerhead, it oxygenates the water and circulates it..

Powerheads are great if your fish can take the current, if not they can be harmful. Goldies don't do well in high current tanks, other wise I'd have one on my DT :).

Powerheads are great if your fish can take the current, if not they can be harmful. Goldies don't do well in high current tanks, other wise I'd have one on my DT :).

The Hydor Koralia circulation pumps have a nice wide distribution of current, and can do well at agitating the surface if placed near it and/or pointed appropriately. Their current is less concentrated than a powerhead; it's more like a wide V-shape coming out of it. Just be sure to get the correct size, as you wouldn't want something like a 1000GPH one in your 10 gallon!

Thanks for opening this Thread xfactor6699!! Is a bubblestone good for Organda Goldfish? I feel not because I read that should not gulp air. I have a 36 gal bow front with 2 Organdas and a Black Moor.

misslizzy88 said:
Thanks for opening this Thread xfactor6699!! Is a bubblestone good for Organda Goldfish? I feel not because I read that should not gulp air. I have a 36 gal bow front with 2 Organdas and a Black Moor.

I have an air stone and my Moors swim in bubbles, like they're taking a bath or something :).

They also go to the top, take a mouth full of air, then swim around blowing bubbles lol. I guess it's a game to them, like banging the floating thermometer around like a soccer ball.

Back
Top Bottom