Bubbles coming from Sand...Any Ideas...Any Help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that makes sense! It's most likely a pond snail and IMO unless you want alot of them I would remove it from the tank.

How would he go about removing it in a safe and humane way? I think I may have one or two and want to cut it off before it gets crazy.

actually i just took it and put it in a spare tank give it a chance lol i figure if it over populates my space 5g no worrys i just dump it it literally has nothing in it just a tank water and 10drops of prime

and as far as humane removal i heard lettuce works wonders just put it in there at night wait till morning pull it out discard (found this while researching it) or just get a fry net like i did and scoop it out very gently

and as far as humane removal i heard lettuce works wonders just put it in there at night wait till morning pull it out discard (found this while researching it) or just get a fry net like i did and scoop it out very gently

Lettuce doesn't work the greatest. If you use it you need to purchase leaf lettuce (not head lettuce) and hold it under hot running water to soften it up. A better way is to get a glass jar/cup then take a slice of zucchini, microwave it a few seconds to soften the zucchini up (but don't cook it so long its mushy, just enough to begin to soften it up), lay the jar on its side and lay the zucchini in it and weigh the zucchini down (with a rock or something) so it doesn't float, place the jar in the tank on it's side with the zucchini in it, then wait. Snails seem to love this stuff and when they come just carefully turn the jar right side up and remove from the tank. Once you remove the snails then you can put the jar back in to catch more.

how fast do these things produce? are they a sever issue? and noone ever answered my question how are they living when the ammonia/ nitrite levels are throo the roof 4ppm+

Snype2live said:
how fast do these things produce? are they a sever issue? and noone ever answered my question how are they living when the ammonia/ nitrite levels are throo the roof 4ppm+

They reproduce asexually and fast. You'll see little gelatinous masses of eggs and in no time they'll cover your tank. For some reason, they are tough and can survive the harsh conditions of a fishless cycle.

hmm do you think i will eventually kill them all if i pick them off the glass i have removed all ornaments they could get on and im killing one everytime i see it

should i worry about the assasin snails killing ghost shrimp or guppys and should i worry about kiling them all i made a thred called mts snail infestation if you wanna go talk about it there

That's way to much light. If you get a lamp timer you can set it to turn on for a few hours in the morning, then off during part of the day and on again in the evening. That'll let you have the lights on the sans amount every day for about 8 hours and reduce the chance of algae taking hold. It's called a split daylight cycle and it works out great. My daughter's tank has this light cycle and it works out very well. She can see her fish off in the morning and enjoy the fish and shrimp when she gets back from school. A timer really makes it so simple. :)

If you are doing live plants, you want to have the lights on only once during any 24 hour period. You can shorten or lengthen the "day" artificially, but if you try to do two separate periods of light in 24 hours, you will mess up your plants.

well as of right now i have no no fish no decor just sand, heater, filter , tank , ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and snails ... till i get it cycled and my problems figured out

Back
Top Bottom