Bumblebee Cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penguin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, guys I have just purchased a bumblebee cat and from what i read online was that they only get to about 2-3 inches but when i bought it it was about 5-6 inches. Was it maybe mislabeled?

Just had a look and the Asian one is ~6 inches while the South American one is ~2 inches.

I do have the name of mine somewhere but mine is also about 5 inches, incredibly shy and fat as anything. Big slug of a fish compared to rest of tank on bioload for something I don't get to see often (impulse society auction buy).

Just had a look and the Asian one is ~6 inches while the South American one is ~2 inches.

I do have the name of mine somewhere but mine is also about 5 inches, incredibly shy and fat as anything. Big slug of a fish compared to rest of tank on bioload for something I don't get to see often (impulse society auction buy).

Do you have any issues with yours? recently i had 3 tinfoil barbs go missing (all about 1.5-2 inches) and my smaller south american bumblebee cat be eaten in half.

Nothing so far although any wafers it finds just disappear whole so it's not really starving. The bn catfish and yoyo loaches all hold their own and they all seem to camp in the same set of hidey holes ok. Even the young yoyo's are probably a bit big for it though.

Other small fish I've never noticed anything but they have to dodge the angelfish so I tend to get them a little larger anyways. But probably only half inch size so not that big.

Guess I've had it for over a year.

Back
Top Bottom