Bumblee Bee Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're brackish to start with. Most LFS don't keep them in the correct conditions.

They're cute little buggers.

Easy to care for, stay relatively small. Mine are pigs.

They're territorial. They love to have their own little shell, piece of DW, something to live in/under and will defend it.

They pretty much leave other fish alone, unless the others try to steal food or territory.

They're brackish to start with. Most LFS don't keep them in the correct conditions.

They're cute little buggers.

Easy to care for, stay relatively small. Mine are pigs.

They're territorial. They love to have their own little shell, piece of DW, something to live in/under and will defend it.

They pretty much leave other fish alone, unless the others try to steal food or territory.

Ooh brackish! This might be something to look into. Is a five gallon enough room for these guys or do they need a much bigger tank than that? I have a five gallon tank with a shell and terra cotta pot, think one could live in there?

They can survive in freshwater but thrive in brackish water!
They mainly eat live/frozen foods.
Mine actually aren't territorial at all, they seem to enjoy each others company. I do provide them with large snail shells and dw to retreat to when feeling grumpy. They love a planted tank!
I have four in a 5.5 tank. It takes a lot of work, but they're all doing fine. There's a lot of debate about the appropriate tank size, some say 1gal per goby, others say a small group should be kept in a 30 gal tank.
I'm trying the "small tank" option and it's working out well. Twice weekly water changes and everyone is happy and healthy! I can post some pictures or videos of my tank if you want. :>

Thanks Morgie! I'll look into it a bit more. How do you get the salinity right for the gobies? I think I'll try one or two for now to a tank. Thanks! :)

When I first got my gobies I used this site as a resource and guide for different types of brackish environments. Starting a Brackish Aquarium, what you need and what you can keep.
I used 1tbs of marine salt per gallon, added slowly over about a week. :> I picked up a 5gal bag of Ocean marine salt for 4$ at petsmart.
I'd go with two gobies, as I said mine enjoy each others company and also like to chase each other and stuff

Morgie said:
I have a super cheap hydrometer, but it depends on how much you're willing to spend :b

I don't really have a lot of money on hand, so I guess I'll be using one of those cheap hydrometers I guess.

Back
Top Bottom