Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2017, 02:20 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can a betta tank be too big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RackinRocky View Post
I agree that a tank can never be too big for a fish. Have you ever seen a betta, taken out of the cups certain stores sell them in, when you release them into a bigger tank? They swim back and forth quickly, finally able to stretch out, and I don't think I've ever seen a happier sight. I swear they are smiling! I have female bettas, and every time I bring one home, it swims and swims, as if it can't believe there is so much space! I wish I could let them all get good homes with big tanks. I feel so sorry for the ones who will never make it out of those cups. That said, I had a sorority in my 55 gallon tank (I had nine at one point) and I enjoyed them tremendously. Bettas are interactive, friendly fish that don't fear much. I have a preference for the females. They may not be as showy, and have shorter fins, but they make that up in personality!

I've found this too
I got my first Betta a few weeks ago now, and he love it. Very active, and actually seems to play with the little cascade of water I created near the filter. Big is good, and with lots of plants and interesting sights I'm sure he'll relish it

Edited to add, sorry I forgot to mention tank size is 9g

Tags
betta, big, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com