Can I dump brine shrimp in with my endlers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will the brine shrimp multiply in time before their all eaten?

No, they will not sadly. They die fairly quickly once introduced to an aquarium and its not really efficient to grow your own unless you plan on gut loading them as well.

No, they will not sadly. They die fairly quickly once introduced to an aquarium and its not really efficient to grow your own unless you plan on gut loading them as well.
Do they sell brine shrimp eggs so I could potentially have a brine shrimp farm in a 2.5 gallon container?

Brine shrimp can be hatched in smallish containers. They need salt water, strong aeration, 30C temperature and strong light to hatch well. To grow them to adults requires a better set-up, but they are more nutritious when hewly hatched, or preferably, just before hatching!

Brine shrimp tanks start to smell after a while even with aeration,. I know...I tried. it is best to feed once they are newly hatched. Collect with brine shrimp net and Wash brine shrimp with old aquarium water before introducing to the tank to get the salt off of them.

I also have endlers and I started hatching brine shrimp eggs to feed them. I bought some brine shrimp eggs eggs off of ebay. I think anything larger than the baby brine shrimp would be too big for the endlers to eat

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom