Can/should I get shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I an currently researching shrimp and have a sunset honey gourami was told by 1 mayb 2 (not sure if the 2nd mentioned shrimp) people today that i could have the rcs or rainbow shrimp with no problems in my 20g high tank. I also have cories n otos ..

So my girlfriend would really like some yellow or blue velvet shrimp. Will these guys be suitable for my tank? I have never kept any before.

45 gal soon to be planted tank already cycled, it's empty minus the substrate (flourite).

Potential stock list:

Pearl gourami - 1
Cardinal tetra - 12 or 15
Corydoras panda and or
Corydoras agassizii - 6 total
Threadfin rainbow - 6 (if any at all, may pick a different school. Suggestions? )

Will this setup work out? Will I have to get rid of the Cory's? If that's the case could I add more fish? Thanks in advance!

Where could you find the blue shrimps? And would they be ok around fantail goldfish?

So my girlfriend would really like some yellow or blue velvet shrimp. Will these guys be suitable for my tank? I have never kept any before.

45 gal soon to be planted tank already cycled, it's empty minus the substrate (flourite).

Potential stock list:

Pearl gourami - 1
Cardinal tetra - 12 or 15
Corydoras panda and or
Corydoras agassizii - 6 total
Threadfin rainbow - 6 (if any at all, may pick a different school. Suggestions? )

Will this setup work out? Will I have to get rid of the Cory's? If that's the case could I add more fish? Thanks in advance!

Cories are usually fine with adult Shrimp.
I'd try Red Cherry Shrimp (RCS) before trying any fancier varieties. Blue Shrimp are more advanced and much more sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom