Can you all give me some tips on photographing fish/tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Frank and Enki :D

I wouldn't have Orandas right now except that my BF just HAD to have this fish. He never really cared about fish til he saw this big guy. We spent $100 on a $9 fish just for him. I think they're funny fish. They're so active. He's got 2 little buddies I'll photograph later :)

I showed him to my Mom and said "Isn't he cute!?"

She goes... "Is he supposed to be like that?" I don't think she liked him :p

Haha. Oops. Didn't even look at the name/avatar before responding, Holly. If I had, I would have congratulated you mightily on gettin a digicam for Xmas! That's great news!

myriam said:
You are right, experimentation and insane amounts of patience will get me there someday!
I know exactly what you've been going through. I've been taking pic after pic with my 6 year old digital and haven't been happy with any shot. Of course, I blame the camera so now I'm looking at new digitals with higher resolution and faster shutter speeds. Patience seems to be the watch word, not to mention how expeisive this "hobby" has become. Still, I enjoy the hobby and every bad shot I get. Good luck.

I hear ya, Holly. Thank goodness for digital. I cannot imagine wasting roll after roll of film and $$ doing this, I'd go crazy. At least clearing out my CompactFlash card is free and takes just a few seconds :|

Back
Top Bottom