Can't even believe what I found in my canister!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah I get guppy fry going through those slotted things from Marineland all the time. Look like new born usually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well i found my Khuli loach inside of the fitter with the impeller embedded in his skull... That must have been a horrific way to go, spinning around as your head is getting torn open... Ugh.

Thats the things about the bigger fish, they aren't filter food.

But i will be replacing the HOBs on my 75 with either sponges or a sump when the Texas breed, to help the survival rate.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

You need a pair of old tights, a pair of scissors, and elastic band.....job done......

Finding old tights. Hmm none exist in my house. I do however have media bags of finer mesh. Not quite as fine as stocking bur close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

These are my choices on hand. No mention of microns on either brand. I'm leaning towards the Top Fin because it has a finer weave. I bought to put ammo chips in because they were out of the profiled bags for AC'S at the lfs.

Think this will work for now?

Attachments

• 1445469085306.jpg
    1445469085306.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 53
Where does one order things that specifically say the weave 500 microns so I know for next time

Those bags should be OK now that I've thought about it a little more. To break it down 1 micron= .001mm and most media bags are between 300-500 microns.

Ok. Here's another question. Does this stuff work? It's some sort of resin. Will it harm anything?

It came with a bunch of stuff I bought from a local hobbyist getting out of the fresh side. There's one packet left, just wondered if I should use or toss.

Attachments

• 1445472210865.jpg
    1445472210865.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 49
Ok. Here's another question. Does this stuff work? It's some sort of resin. Will it harm anything?

It came with a bunch of stuff I bought from a local hobbyist getting out of the fresh side. There's one packet left, just wondered if I should use or toss.

I couldn't tell you, I've never heard of it and I don't use all of the fancy stuff.

It's instead of carbon Brennae, it is good for algae etc, but not for small tanks, got good reviews......Google it

I did read the reviews in Amazon and a few other forums since I asked about it. I guess it can leach iron oxide into the water. I don't have algae in my big tanks really so I'm not going to use it. I'll just stick with the ammonia remover in place of the carbon

Back
Top Bottom