captured this critter in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maldo691

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I caught this creature in my tank tonite its about a centimeter long anyone got an idea what it is?

ForumRunner_20130323_195807.jpg

ForumRunner_20130323_195821.jpg

ForumRunner_20130323_195835.jpg

Wow! Um... No idea personally but I'd have freaked if I'd caught that in my tank!

I seen it in my tank the other day i thought it was a small fish then i saw the eyes and legs i crapped mysel lol

I seen it in my tank the other day i thought it was a small fish then i saw the eyes and legs i crapped mysel lol
I see. Could I know did you add anything new lately to the aquarium? And when did you first see this bug?

I first saw it on monday then didnt see it again till today was quick enough to catch it its a very good swimmer

If i were you, I would raise it since it looks like a baby. It might just become you're best friend. Maybe check the website that Mcor gave you to identify if it is that specy of animal, and do some researched. If not, then you know...

I added a clown loach about a fortnite ago no plants have been added for months i do two water changes a week aswell

Nah im gonna squash it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're opinion, you're choice.
Good luck with whatever comes next!

Last edited by a moderator:
Squish it if you wish, or see if it gets eaten, or grow yourself a dragonfly. Now you know what it is it doesn't seem quite so frightening. I take back my initial reaction now, and replace it with 'wow, I wonder what would happen if I kept it?' :p

I found one in my tank today. I knew what it is because I have them in an outdoor pond. How it got into my tank I have no idea. I haven't added anything except CO2 in the last month.

Back
Top Bottom