Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Changing stock, Cory question

So I have been playing around on aqadvisor. I know from a previous post I need to rehome the Chinese algae eater. Aqadvisor also suggested I remove the spotted Raphael cat because he could get too big (only 2 inches right now). If I do that the. I want to add 2 panda and 2 albino Cory. Aqadvisor says I need 4 of each. Won't they school together or do I need that many because of their color?

Stacy~44gal pent. 2 fire belly toads, 2 fire belly newts, 3 neon tetras, 3 platys, 5 cherry barbs, 5 glowlight tetras, 1 spotted Raphael cat, 4 Burmese zebra loaches, 2 dwarf gourami, 2 otos ~9 gal w/6 endlers (class k), 2 scarlet badis, 5 orange bee and 6 RC shrimp
Dreamwallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Usually all cories will school together. But I've found that you'll usually find the same kind hanging around together the most. I would suggest four of the same species rather than two of two species. But it doesn't really matter all that much. They do love the extra company though.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Cory's are shoaling fish and prefer to forage in groups of their own species. They will go around with other cory's but seeing a group of the same species of cory's interacting as they would in nature is worth it.

Tags
changing, cory, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com