Cheap fish shipping prices????!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Where can i order fish online where im not paying loads for shipping!!!???

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahahahaha only when you buy a ton of fish or products that is usually 200 upwards

Sent from my fish tank

Well usually on here people at least ship for cost instead of making money

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Where can i order fish online where im not paying loads for shipping!!!???

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its gonna be tough to find something like that. With fish, they need to be overnight/next day air so they will live. Next day air/overnight is expensive no matter which way you cut it.

Even if you don't see what you want at a local place ask. A lot of them can special order and since they have contracts shipping is usually just added into what they already buy - plus if the fish comes in and something is wrong they will usually fix it or order another

Try aquabid. Most fish shipments are going to cost 12-15 for priority shipping though, that's just the cost involved with materials and postal fees.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm in the same boat. I have no LFS nearby other than Petsmart and they never have anything much in stock. The head of the fish department says he might can order some but we'll see. I've been lurking on aquabid though. Even those sellers in Florida charge tons for shipping. Come to think of it, might just have to take a trip soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Imperialtropicals has a bit of pricey fish but if you are only going to buy a few it's ok. They don't charge shipping if it's over 30 and do doss even on their 2-3 day free shipping so decent deal as long as u aren't going to mass buy

Sent from my fish tank

It's a problem. I've ordered fish on line, good quality, good delivery, good guarantee, but you have to order a lot to justify the freight. As a result I ordered more than I wanted at once and overloaded a relatively new tank. Great stuff that you can't normally get locally. If you have multiple tanks it's a good way to go. There are several fish I want, that I can't be locally. In theses cases it may be worth it, even if paying too much.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm considering ordering online because I talked to petco about ordering some fish (not even exotic or rare just common fish) and it's been two months but they are supposedly coming still, but I'm not so sure lol.

I was looking for some peacock/haps cichlids. Not many are sold in my area even at private LFS. What are good quality sites to find them? I don't mind paying extra if I get good healthy fish. I've never ordered live fish online so that's why I'm iffy about it.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Even if you don't see what you want at a local place ask. A lot of them can special order and since they have contracts shipping is usually just added into what they already buy - plus if the fish comes in and something is wrong they will usually fix it or order another

This is what I do. Some times takes patience but is worth it. unless you are looking wild or collection point specific then you will have to order yourself.

If you can find a place in your own state (assuming you don't live in TX, lol) you can get cheap shipping, and priority should arrive overnight. Mine has every time. I only pay $8 and change for shipping, and I get my fish overnight! For me, it's the only way to go. Some of these places are charging $35 and up for shipping, and I won't do that. You might not be able to find something rare in your own state though, so that could be a bummer. I would also worry too much if fish are in the mail for 2-3 days.

unless you can find a group of people and place a order together shipping will cost a small fortune

Back
Top Bottom