Cherry shrimp and platys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dpfitness23 said:
the 125 has. 2 fire eels, 1 clown knife, 2 spine eels, 1 alligator gar, black ghost knife and a pleco! My fire eels are around 14" and the rest are just a few months old. BUt are growing fast!

Your going to have to eventually rehome most of those fish.

all of the dwarf shrimp that I know of breed in FW. Off the top of my head thats neocaridinia (cherry shrimp, snowballs, greens, yellows etc), caridinia (crystal red shrimp, tiger shrimp, etc), and baubalti (green/black).

One solution to the issue is to get a sudo satellite breeder box. google it for more info.

And I agree about the alligator gar, those things get huge, 8 or 9 feet, or more, iirc. They have no place in a home aquarium or even a small pond.

jetajockey said:
all of the dwarf shrimp that I know of breed in FW. Off the top of my head thats neocaridinia (cherry shrimp, snowballs, greens, yellows etc), caridinia (crystal red shrimp, tiger shrimp, etc), and baubalti (green/black)

+1

jetajockey said:
all of the dwarf shrimp that I know of breed in FW. Off the top of my head thats neocaridinia (cherry shrimp, snowballs, greens, yellows etc), caridinia (crystal red shrimp, tiger shrimp, etc), and baubalti (green/black).

Hmmm. Seems I was misinformed. Haha thank you for clearing that up!

I guess I should have put some thought into the whole needing brackish water to breed but live in freshwater thing for a dwarf shrimp. It would be mighty hard for a dwarf shrimp to travel from freshwater to live and brackish to breed. Haha silly me.

Predfan27 said:
I guess I should have put some thought into the whole needing brackish water to breed but live in freshwater thing for a dwarf shrimp. It would be mighty hard for a dwarf shrimp to travel from freshwater to live and brackish to breed. Haha silly me.

Its not impossible for them to do that, its just that they don't.

yeah i love those gars.... I am aware of the size.... Gonna need a 1000 gallon tank... ( YIKES and im complaining about the feeding bill now!!!!)

dpfitness23 said:
yeah i love those gars.... I am aware of the size.... Gonna need a 1000 gallon tank... ( YIKES and im complaining about the feeding bill now!!!!)

Wowowowowow. No thank you. Haha. I'll stick with my tops 16 inch bichir.

dpfitness23 said:

Lol, not necessarily, I mean if you have a couple of enemies.... :whistles:

Trust me....if it gets that bad. I dont want him to suffer... Ill work night and day to try and find a zoo that will house him... But keep in mind it is VERY rare for a gar to pass 4 feet in captivity

Back
Top Bottom