cloudy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gourami owner

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys can someone tell me some solutions to the cloudiness of my tank I have had it for about 1 month now and it still hasn't cleared up all my levels are good and I have tried clear water medicine stuff but it still wont clear up can someone help me?

Cloudiness is 99/100 attributed to bacterial bloom which occurs when the tank is cycling.

If your parametres are normal, i.e. 0/0/5-20 I've got nothing.

Cloudiness is 99/100 attributed to bacterial bloom which occurs when the tank is cycling.

If your parametres are normal, i.e. 0/0/5-20 I've got nothing.

Sorry kinda nooby here how can I check that :/

API master kit test, there are also test strips, but they aren't as accurate.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130725_192646.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130725_192646.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20130725_192707.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130725_192707.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 59
  • ForumRunner_20130725_192736.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130725_192736.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 65
API master kit test, there are also test strips, but they aren't as accurate.

You can't test for a bacterial bloom!!! When you do a WC does the water cloud right back up? Also is the water milky in color, not green? This indicates a bacterial bloom which usually clears up on it's own.

Do you know you tanks ph? What type filter/s do you have an how do you clean them. Too low a ph or over cleaning a filter can cause the tank to have to keep recycling which often means bacterial blooms. A UV sterilizer such as this one... Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer with Power Head at PETCO will kill the free floating bacteria and clear a tank often within 24 hours.

You can't test for a bacterial bloom!!! When you do a WC does the water cloud right back up? Also is the water milky in color, not green? This indicates a bacterial bloom which usually clears up on it's own.

Do you know you tanks ph? What type filter/s do you have an how do you clean them. Too low a ph or over cleaning a filter can cause the tank to have to keep recycling which often means bacterial blooms. A UV sterilizer such as this one... Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer with Power Head at PETCO will kill the free floating bacteria and clear a tank often within 24 hours.

I'm sorry.. There was a question on testing parameters too, right? I've never dealt with bacteria bloom before, shows, I guess

Hey rivercats I appreciate it I'm running low on money is there any other way to clear it up I have an older duel filter I clear it under a hot water faucet once a month. My ph is perfect I just want this milk cloudness out of here

Hey rivercats I appreciate it I'm running low on money is there any other way to clear it up I have an older duel filter I clear it under a hot water faucet once a month. My ph is perfect I just want this milk cloudness out of here

I'm not sure what type of filter your talking about but if you clean the entire contents of the filter media under tap water each month your actually killing off all your beneficial bacteria and that is what is causing the continuing bacterial bloom. Basically every time you do that your tank is having a mini cycle. Rinse your media in a bucket of tank water. Other than that you have to wait it out.

I'm not sure what type of filter your talking about but if you clean the entire contents of the filter media under tap water each month your actually killing off all your beneficial bacteria and that is what is causing the continuing bacterial bloom. Basically every time you do that your tank is having a mini cycle. Rinse your media in a bucket of tank water. Other than that you have to wait it out.

I don't wash the one thing just the cartilages but thankyou very much been a good help

Back
Top Bottom