cloudy tank, solved!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m-man

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey everybody, you might remember me on here a lot complaining about my cloudy tank, and no solutions,
well i was at the store today and got some API accu clear, which i had heard about occasionally on the forum
today was a water change day/ gravel vac day, and i also added more cichlid mix gravel (the cause of my forever cloudiness)
so the tank was nice and cloudy after
put in some accu clear, and in less than 1 hour, crystal,
the water is so freaking clear, unbelievable
what a great product, keep some in your arsenal

I've used water clarifiers in my day. some I lied some I didn't. right now I use etra water clarifier, seems to work good when I need to use it. but if I ever need any more I'll try the accu clear to see hwo good it is. Thanks for the tip bub!

About 90% of the extended cloudy water issues people post about are caused by bacteria/algea problems. The other 10% are caused by fine particles and easily cleared up by water clarifiers.

I wish it was the other way around; trying to solve bacteria caused cloudiness is difficult.

When I first set up my 75G, I had cloudy water initially caused by fine substrate particles. Clarify worked in less than an hour to clear it up. Days later the cloudiness came back. Took months to get the tank balanced (bacteria wise) before the water was clear again.

absolutly, these clarifiers only work on sediment and dirt particles in the water, they wont work for bactera balance problems

Back
Top Bottom