Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of cloudy? Is it milky white, or does it have a green tint to it? How long has the tank been setup? Is it cycled? What kind of fish do you have?

Answers to these questions will help give you a more definite answer, but most likely it is just a bacteria bloom. It happens with newly established tanks. It looks unsightly, but it will not hurt the fish. There is no way to get rid of it quickly. You just need to let it run it's course. It may last a few days or a week. Resist the urge to buy any water clear type chemicals. They would help very little, can be detrimental to your system, and would just be a waste of money.

Remember that Almost nothing good happens FAST in an aquarium.

Very good point. And it's a milky cloudy, the tank had been running for about 4 days and I don't have any fish in it yet but I have some blood fin tetras that I bought and r waiting to go in. I put some things from my other tank into the new tank. My other tank is fully cycled so I think it should be fine. Do u think it'll be fine for me to put the fish in there?

So long as you have seeded it with material from your established and cycled tank, I think it would be fine.

That's what it looks like right now. I put them in and they seem to be doing fine

Attachments

• image-2329292647.jpg
    image-2329292647.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1992857825.jpg
    image-1992857825.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 41
Yup, definitely looks like a bacterial bloom to me. It will clear on it's own as the tank establishes. Just check your ammonia every day or so for the first few days and make sure your seed material is working as you intended. If not you may need to do some water changes to keep your ammonia at 0.25ppm or lower, and move over some extra seed material from your other tank.

Back
Top Bottom