Cloudy water help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a ph compound to lower it tap water is 7.8 and my Lfs said the neons prefer 6.4?
Most fish will adjust to your PH. Trying to set the ph can do more harm than good as when you do your water change, the ph is constantly adjusting. The Purigen really is worth a try. Carbon is expensive to run and only removes odours and Meds. It has no effect on water clarity. The bonus with it is it's rechargeable so it will last you a long time. It's only a suggestion but if you are happy with the current set-up, great. Stick with it. Your tank looks even better now.....

Just picked up prefilter sponge and rescued a dwarf gourami from our 75 gallon tank at work which has a 8 inch oscar and a 10 inch green terror who have been eyeing and chasing that poor gourami around ! He seems to love his new home! And fed them

Attachments

• image-3830128092.jpg
    image-3830128092.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-4126268288.jpg
    image-4126268288.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 79
Nice job. The water in the pictures in your post #40 appear to have a much more "polished" look than the ones in post #31. And to reiterate, your aquascape is exceptionally well done.
Paul do you think purigen would make it even clearer?

Paul do you think purigen would make it even clearer?
Yes. Absolutely. The stuff is GREAT. It's not expensive when ordered from Amazon when you consider it lasts 4 to 6 months before it needs to be recharged or replaced. Cheaper than monthly carbon cartridge changes for sure.

Essentially, the polishing pads will take care of very fine particle physical debris that can cause "haze" and the Purigen takes care of most chemical imbalance that can cause the water to be anything less than "sparkly." The two working in concert is what consistently gives you crystal clear polished over the long haul.

Still very clean bad cell phone pic sorry

Attachments

• image-3360068982.jpg
    image-3360068982.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 64
Moved to FW General Discussion.

Your tank really looks great, I can tell you have put a lot of thought into that aquascape! Your water looks like it has really cleared up. :)

20 gallon long recharged my purigen and trying to figure out what all these little dots are and how to get rid of them I just did a 50% wc ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293517.293997.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293526.509680.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293537.214760.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293551.056287.jpg

No clue

You said you re-charged Purigen?. That is like poisoning your bb with bleach.

If it's not a bacterial bloom from destroying your beneficial bacteria, then the cause is something unheard of.

I throw Seachem Purigen out once it is depleted and turns to coffee ground dark brown. That's why I run two at a time at different intervals. All those stories about re-charging it are pure BS.

EDITS: I thought you were running a Fluval C4........ I must be mistaken ..... you need to filter out the micron particles. EDIT again: Your tap water must be as bad as mine. Please run bottled spring water for a while when you do water changes. Sorry that it costs $1 a gallon.

If it's not a bacterial bloom from destroying your beneficial bacteria, then the cause is something unheard of.

I throw Seachem Purigen out once it is depleted and turns to coffee ground dark brown. That's why I run two at a time at different intervals. All those stories about re-charging it are pure BS.

EDITS: I thought you were running a Fluval C4........ I must be mistaken ..... you need to filter out the micron particles. EDIT again: Your tap water must be as bad as mine. Please run bottled spring water for a while when you do water changes. Sorry that it costs $1 a gallon.
I've recharged my purigen numerous times and have had no ill effects. If you soak it in the declor mix after bleaching, you'll be fine.

Use accuclear it clears the water up in no time

Hi Paul I kept all the filter floss in and put carbon bag in while I was recharging the purigen. I run a aquaclear 50 with filter floss on the bottom purigen or carbon next then another layer of floss then finally the aquaclear bio media stones. I the filter floss would be good enough to filter out the micron particles ? Actually I have never tested my tap water. I will tomorrow

I've recharged my purigen numerous times and have had no ill effects. If you soak it in the declor mix after bleaching, you'll be fine.

Thanks Ian I soaked it in prime for eight hours then rinsed it and soaked it again I think the mixture was 1 cup water to 2 tablespoon of water

Purigen is intended to be recharged with bleach as per the manufacturer's instructions

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom