cold tank water help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o.jonathan.o

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am wondering if there is a way to make tank water cold. I am asking this because my house is always hot and the room my tank is in gets no cooler than 80 degrees I have a 10 gallon tanktank

o.jonathan.o said:
I am wondering if there is a way to make tank water cold. I am asking this because my house is always hot and the room my tank is in gets no cooler than 80 degrees I have a 10 gallon tanktank

If u have tropical fish 80 is fine for most.
I was having and have the same issue with my 10gs. I replaced the incandescents in one hood and that seems to have helped. U can also let a fan blow on it and increase air circulation to promote evaporation to help it cool down. I've heard u can float ice ( like in a baggy or something ) to help but I'd let that be a last resort IMO. what kind of fish ?

Buy the most expensive "aquarium chiller" you can buy! J/K... +1 on Flossie's comment, I mean if you have tropical fish, 80 degrees is fine for most. Mine is constantly at 80 (give or take a few, usually give) while it's like 108 outside my house in scorching AZ. :(

I will also agree 80 is fine, they will not be bothered by it. If it is getting really warm a fan blowing across the top of the tank can do wonders.

Back
Top Bottom