compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
I now have 3 tanks in my house and was wondering what I can put in with what I have.

#1-55g
Golden wonder killifish
emporer tetras
Gold barb
Cherry barbs
2 swordtails
corys
Bristlenose pleco

#2-55g
Harliquin rasboras
buenos aires tetras
Black neons
3female betas
Corys
Spotted Raphael catfish
Danios
Upside down catfish

#3-40g breeder
danios
Molly
Platy
Corys
Glass shrimp
Rainbowfish

I will be getting rid of the gold barb and emporers( getting too nippy)

Just wondering what else I can put in with them.(other than tetras, livebearers or killis)

Depending on the number of fish, I think you could do some kind of larger centerpiece in the 2 55s. i do not know what kind of rainbows you have but they may be happier in one of the 55 gallon tanks.

Gouramis, angels, dwarf cichlids, there are several slightly larger peaceful cichlids as well.

A breeding pair of both bosemauri and a breeding pair of torquise

Which willbe switched with the emporers as soon as I get rid of them and I was either thinking of a ln apisto or ram for 1 55 and a red jewel chiclid for the 40g but don't know what I should put in with the betas

Which willbe switched with the emporers as soon as I get rid of them and I was either thinking of a ln apisto or ram for 1 55 and a red jewel chiclid for the 40g but don't know what I should put in with the betas

Personally, I wouldn't mix a cichlid with the bettas or killifish. After you get the rainbows out of the 40 I would do an apisto or ram in there. Just watch the danios and swap them with something calmer like the neons if they seem to stress the cichlid.

You could easily add more plecos if you want. I would add a clown and a zebra to the 55 with the bettas, and a trio of pitbull plecos in the 40.

Numbers aren't listed there so it's hard to give stocking reco's on some things...but..a school of 6 glass cats would be nice in the 40 I think. I would make sure you have atleast 6 cories in each tank. Or maybe combine cories in 2 tanks and do something new in one like some bumblebee catfish. A farowella cat could probably be added to either 55. A school of purple passion danios would be great in one of the 55's. I'd say a peacock gudgeon but I'm not sure how that would mix with bettas or killis. If your female bettas are very chill and peaceful they might work with them.

OK lots of random ideas for you! lol :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the recs and yeah my brats are very chill they've been in a community for 6 months and will either do their own thing or try to swim with the others thanks again

Boomer2244 said:
I now have 3 tanks in my house and was wondering what I can put in with what I have.

#1-55g
4-Golden wonder killifish
3-emporer tetras
1-Gold barb
3-Cherry barbs
2 swordtails( moved to 40g)
4-corys
2-Bristlenose pleco

#2-55g
6-Harliquin rasboras
3-buenos aires tetras(3 died and can't find anymore)
4-Black neons
3- female betas betas
4-Corys
2-Spotted Raphael catfish
8-Danios
1-Upside down catfish

#3-40g breeder
4-danios( moved to 2nd 55)
2-Molly
2-Platy
4-Corys(moved to 2bd 55)
10-Glass shrimp
4-Rainbowfish(breeding pair of tourquoise and bosemani)
4-prestella tetras(just added)
3-platinum tetras(just added can't find anymore in my area)

I will be getting rid of the gold barb and emporers( getting too nippy)

Just wondering what else I can put in with them.(other than tetras, livebearers or killis)

Here us an updated count of my stocking lists for all 3 of my tanks

Back
Top Bottom