Cory Cats and RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are Cory cats and RCS fine together? I got three cats that are refusing to mate and was suggested to try putting them in the fry tank. My only problem is I have 4 very overpriced RCS in that tank that I just got on Sunday. I don't want them to accidentally become fish food.

I have six cories in my planted tank and I also bought some over priced RCS. I have not seen the RCS in a long time, mine were small when I bought them. I think they might have been eaten, as with most "cats" if it fits in their mouth they will eat it.

Last edited:
In my 1.5 fry tank, I have 2, less than 6 weeks, julii cory's in with 4 itsy bitsy newborn RCS and they have been there for 1 week now...so far IME the RCS stay away, they have been hanging out on the filter where they have been eating....but I have been told that you can put RCS in cory's....I think you would be okay if the shrimp have places to hide from juvie/adult cory's.....such as moss, plants, etc....

Back
Top Bottom