cory cats laying eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone, my cory cats have laid eggs in my 92 gallon yesterday, i noticed some of them are gone (assuming they got eaten).

but i have heard that if you don't remove all eggs they will turn into fungus if they don't hatch (i doubt they will hatch anyway, as corys are rumored to be insanely difficult to breed). if this is so, how harmful is this fungus to my aquarium? because i realized there is literally no way i can get every single egg out of there, besides the ones that are obviously visible to me...so i'm not sure what i should do exactly, heh

Where did they lay them? Get out as many as you can and put them in a container. They may or may not produce fry. Cories can be easy to breed, it's finding a good pair that is hard. They will continuously lay eggs at times, but nothing will come of them.

The fungus may or may not happen, depending alot on the eggs. Adding in small amounts Methylene Blue, Malachite Green/Formalin will help keep the fungus from growing.

Best of luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom