corys with fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveho

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys just wanted to get your opinions on keeping a school of corys in the fry tank. i have heard mixed things about it also my hope is to breed them in there so;
is it safe to keep corys with fry from livebearers,rams and othere corys?
also do ur corys eat there own eggs?
i was thinking of pygmys but may go with pandas hmmmm

Did you ever get an answer or find out about this? I'm wanting julliis in my fry tank and I have the same question.

Cory,s will get along with all those fish, I've kept Corydoras in all my tanks with fish ranging from Apistogramma, Rams up till Firemouth size with never any problems including with fry, they are pretty quick to get out of the way of a protective parent. I've kept Sterbai and Julii with Rams and Firemouths and Habrosus and Pygmy with my Apisto's. My fish go mental for Sterbai eggs in my main tank, I get Sterbai eggs roughly every 4-5 weeks from the 7 I have in my main tank, even my Lemon Tetra start chasing the female around waiting for the eggs to appear.

Borderlesscott said:
Have never seen a Cory even so much as look at fry never mind eat one, you will be fine.

One of my cories jumped into my breeder box with day old fry and didn't touch them

So good to hear, we have been wanting juliis ever since our new tank misinformation fiasco and I thought our ten gallon fry tank would be a perfect place for them since our shrimp and fry never seem to find all the food

Back
Top Bottom