Craigslist is awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TraceyB4602

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was on craigslist looking for a 10g tank for my little sister and found one with filter heater gravel driftwood hood and light for 30$. I go and meet the guy and he hands me an extra box full of plants decorations food conditioner and extra filter pads. All this for 30$. I wasn't expecting all the other things. I was so excited! And then today I went on and saw a person giving away a large fish tank... Don't know the size waiting for them to get back to me... But it's for free! And it's to large for them to move. So it definetly bigger than a 10 gallon. I am super syked I hope they call me back. Just wanted to post about how awesome craigslist can be : ).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I love Craigslist too...too bad I didnt think about it before I bought my 29 gallon.

my first tank i found on the sidewalk with a big free sign on it. it held 30 gallons and there was a filter (whisperer30), a hood w/ light, air pump, lots of plastic plants, one small decoration, 2 boxes of extra filter bags, lots of tubing, under gravel filter, almost every kind of aquarium chemicals/water conditioners needed, a pH test kit, a net, and a huge new aquarium how-to book! some of the things it had were old and/or not the right size for the tank like the filter (i got an AquaClear70 since then but i still use the whisperer30 for peat).
what an awsome way to start off my hobby! :D

Craigslist is pretty great I should say. Never got an aqurium off there, but other things I have.

Free tank.. no go .. that is one bad thing about craigslist if its free it goes. I am seriously thinking about trading my ps3 ( jonathan has one anyways) for a 55 gallon tank with everything. But I do love my own playstation3

TraceyB4602 said:
Free tank.. no go .. that is one bad thing about craigslist if its free it goes. I am seriously thinking about trading my ps3 ( jonathan has one anyways) for a 55 gallon tank with everything. But I do love my own playstation3

It should never come to THAT. lol. Anything but the ps3.

TankBoss said:
It should never come to THAT. lol. Anything but the ps3.

We have two so it's no big deal but I don't have to now I found a 30 and a 20 for free

TraceyB4602 said:
We have two so it's no big deal but I don't have to now I found a 30 and a 20 for free

That's sweet. I'm on the look-out for free too cuz it fits my budget.

Yeah craigslist is great! I got a 55 gallon truvu plexi glass tank w/ 405 fluval filter, heater, light, custom stand, and gravel! All for $225!!!! ;-) I spent $200 out of my pocket to upgrade my heater and light fixture to a T5 lighting system! I bot the tank over a month ago and I'm still pumped over it lol!!!

I'm a Craigslist junkie... and that's an understatement! lol I found my 55 gallon tank on there. Well, really it's my husband's tank. I got it for him for Father's Day last year, yet I'm the one that maintains it. Pfft. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I found our tank, stand, heaters, 2 HOB filters, decor, etc. for only $100! PLUS, the guy was even nice enough to deliver it to my workplace... at no extra charge! Needless to say, I was extremely happy w/ the purchase. (y)

I found a lady that is giving away s bunch of tanks I'm thinking about grabbing 2 a 30 for the fish and the a 20 for... Maybe lizards or frogs lol

I wish my wife was in charge of the tank's maintenance!!
:|

Actually, I can't complain too much about doing it. Maintaining a fish tank seems to be the only thing that I'm staying on top of lately and I do get some enjoyment out of my fishes.

So what if the laundry isn't done and there are dirty dishes in the sink... my fishes... they needs me!! :D

I found a lady that is giving away s bunch of tanks I'm thinking about grabbing 2 a 30 for the fish and the a 20 for... Maybe lizards or frogs lol

Better watch it Tracey, you're going to run out of room. :p

Actually, I can't complain too much about doing it. Maintaining a fish tank seems to be the only thing that I'm staying on top of lately and I do get some enjoyment out of my fishes.

So what if the laundry isn't done and there are dirty dishes in the sink... my fishes... they needs me!! :D
:p
lol

You are right, I said I wish my wife takes care of the tank, but it is not true !! I also enjoy a lot keeping good care of my fish, tank, etc.

About 6 years ago I was looking for some MH for my 55 gal reef. I found a 180 gallon (in wall) with 2 400 watt MH, 60 gal sump, pump (spa size), CO2 bottle with regulator, 1/3 hp chiller, 2 UV filters and a computer controller. All for $300.00. This was 2 months after I finally moved my 180 FW into the wall in my dinning room. Out with the FW in with the reef.

I even found my job of 14 years on Craig's List. Rarely a day goes by without cruising the list. Of course AA is my home page! CL junkie, you bet.

Back
Top Bottom