Cycling :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NekoOo

Aquarium Advice Activist
As of right now we have the tank up and running, minus the heater (ordered online waiting to receive in the mail). We plan on keeping some of the decor, but mostly it's just in there to keep the tank from looking empty. Haven't officially started the cycle, but so so close!!

We are thinking a school or two of two kinds of tetra, and either blue rams, angelfish, or maybe both depending on compatibility and space.

And depending on how this goes, this may just be practice for a setting up a saltwater in the future. I wanted to do freshwater first before dabbling in the expensive art of saltwater aquaria.

So excited! :D

Attachments

• image-741169465.jpg
    image-741169465.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image-4073195805.jpg
    image-4073195805.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 55
I hate that the return water from the filter puts little micro bubbles into the water that stick to the front -.-

My dad, being the genius that he is, set the filter up outside the stand...now we can't put it away neatly without unhooking the hoses and getting water everywhere. Smoooth dad, smooth...

Sun sun outside filter. The directions were pointless to read. Bad translation from Chinese to English :\

NekoOo said:
My dad, being the genius that he is, set the filter up outside the stand...now we can't put it away neatly without unhooking the hoses and getting water everywhere. Smoooth dad, smooth...

So its a canister filter. It shouldn't be putting out bubbles if it was primed correctly... And also there's a way to do it without getting water all over, you'll have to do it anyways for maintenance

The specifics...sun sun hw-302 outside filter

Should this be submerged? It's the water return from the filter, and I think because it hits the water from above it causes the air bubbles? Maybe I'm wrong though and it's supposed to waterfall into the tank.

Attachments

• image-370343628.jpg
    image-370343628.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 54
Yea I'm mostly salt water reef I just saw this and decided to jump in.

Thanks for the replies! I have been keeping it submerged because we have an airstone. I hope that agitates the surface well enough, otherwise we might have to get another bubble stone.

Back
Top Bottom