Decorating a 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone im decorating a 5 gallon tank and am probably going to get an under gravel filter I was wanting ideas also it is going to be planted. I already have gravel and some rocks and a plant it's more of a redecorating I guess. Also if you have a 5 gallon i would love a pic of it. Thanks for anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey there! Can't wait to see what you got once it gets up and running.

For a five gallon, the UGF might not be necessary. In anything 10g and under, I like using sponge filters. Aquabid has a decent selection. I'm using one for a 10g quarantine tank and for my in-progress 7g rimless nano tank.

Good luck!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

Hey there! Can't wait to see what you got once it gets up and running.

For a five gallon, the UGF might not be necessary. In anything 10g and under, I like using sponge filters. Aquabid has a decent selection. I'm using one for a 10g quarantine tank and for my in-progress 7g rimless nano tank.

Good luck!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

That and UGFs aren't great for planted tanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't recommend UGF at all especially for a planted tank...they really have no added benefit as opposed to a HOB filter (IMO) I have a tank that's a little smaller than yours (about 3.2g Aqueon Evolve 4) that I am setting up soon as I cycle it and get plants. I am using a method that isn't super common but it's called the Walstad Method. To sum it up it is basically a dirted tank. you heavily stock with plants which act as the main filter for your tank. I will probably be posting a thread of this process. PM me if you are interested in this method or just have any general questions. Good Luck!

I already have it going I'm just redoing it and I have an in tank filter that is to big so I will have to get a diffrent one that's a hob filter

I mainly just wanted decoration advice and will send a pic of what I have when I can

Honestly, I search aquascapes on Google Images for ideas and they give me really good visuals of what I want my tank to look like.

I looked at some pictures online and found some that I would "copy":
img_3231421_0_46ba4a475066f04b87b0cf0e982b4a23.jpg

img_3231421_1_b664b31277d01f8c6b503890bbbcd0d8.jpg

img_3231421_2_1d42786582df61e9cbad6077a0bda270.jpg

They aren't quite 5g but you can imitate the same concept.

Well my plants are silk, but since I just redecorated yesterday I thought I'd post a picture anyway ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433705399.698767.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This is the one I want to redecorate

Attachments

• 1433709507060.jpg
    1433709507060.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom