Did i get a pair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamwallaby

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not the best pics I know, but did I manage a pair of scarlet badis? I hope the male gets more color.

Attachments

• image-2993318632.jpg
    image-2993318632.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3411463860.jpg
    image-3411463860.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 82
It appears that you have a pair. Hope you are prepared to feed them properly. Mine will only take live food. Everything else is ignored. Once they begin feeding, the male will color up.

I don't think you did. looks like two males to me. females are completely drab.

Here is another pick of the "female". I picked a male that had a full belly so I was sure he was eating at the store. I also picked the most drab but most active "female". He looked so female at the store but more time at home has me wondering. This group had been there for 2-3 months already also. I picked up frozen daphnia and the store said they were also feeding black worms but the worms were big and it was "funny" to see them eating it. Going to see about getting smaller worms. I don't know if this tank is big enough to occupy 2 males. It's a 9 gallon eheim. Lots of little places to hide though.

Attachments

• image-1616483626.jpg
    image-1616483626.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 60
pretty sure now that they are both male. so now I have an ok male and a pretty drab male and can't put any females in. I'd have to add 3-4 girls and its only a 9 gal. oh well

Hmmm, maybe it is a pair. ?? I don't know, the "male" keeps coming over, turning around and touching tails. No sure if it's aggression or display. She swims away after a few seconds and he give chase. Then they start again.

Attachments

• image-1207633685.jpg
    image-1207633685.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom