Did you know that if you freeze...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
daphnia you can get them to lay eggs?. of coarse they have to be live but put them in with a little water and freeze them. the old population in the container will die but they'll lay eggs.

its because they live outside and when cold weather sets in they have to lay eggs to preserve the population :)

i am only 95% of this accuracy

That sounds about right. Many inverebrates will release eggs and sperm at the time of death. The most classic example from a developmental biology class is the use of the sea urchin after being injected with posion. The eggs and sperm are released and then students can watch the joining of egg and sperm under a microscope and two divisions of the zygote before lab was over.

The most classic example from a developmental biology class is the use of the sea urchin after being injected with posion. The eggs and sperm are released and then students can watch the joining of egg and sperm under a microscope and two divisions of the zygote before lab was over.

Sweet, I gotta take me a developmental biology class!!!

I've heard this fact before as well... just not sure if it was true...

Back
Top Bottom