Discontinued filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish99

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i bought a penguin 125 filter at an auction, said it works and it does. The problem i that it is missing the bio-wheel bracket that holds the biowheel in place. It seems they make replacement parts for this filter, but not the bracket, just the biowheel itself. So, is there any way to get this thing to work? Or am i stuck ponying up for a whole new filter?

Can you take a picture of what your talking about? I have a good idea just wanna be sure. Have you called the actual company? They may have a suggestion.

The little plastic peices, purple color well atleast mine are. Lfs might have them. If not you will have to order them

I have a penguin 125 as well. I got it used, abotu 4 years ago. When I got it it didn't have the biowheel, bracket, or bearing caps. I was able to order the bracket online. I don't remember where from though, maybe directly from marineland.

Yeah, its a plastic clip that the wheel sits in to spin. Can find other parts online, but not this one. No response from marineland yet....

Well no, he bracket runs the length of he wheel, but those may do the trick with a little aquarium safe silicone!

Thanks!

could you post a pic? I can't seem to find what you're looking for. I have a 350 sitting in my basement (the first pic is of the bearing sitting on my workbench), and I can't find another bracket or anything for the life of me!

Its a triangle-shaped bracket /_______\ that the biowheel sits in. The bracket fits over the opening of the filter where the water flows out.

I just got back from a local pet store, and they have a bunch of broken filters and such, I didn't see any parts, but the manager says people bring in stuff all the time, and he might have a part in the future. if I find one, I'll let you know.

I appreciate the help, but i think i found one today. Another member of a facebook group i am in is mailing to me for FREE! Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom