Discussion Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karatepig

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it better to keep your fish on a feeding schedule? Lately I've been kind of slacking and my schedule has been off. I haven't noticed any changes in the behavior yet. Well, there's your topic. Discuss.

Mine are on a schedule and when it's about feeding time they start visiting the top of the water more frequently. It could also depends on the type of fish, I hand feed several of mine.

It doesn't matter. Sometimes I feed 2 times in a day, sometime I don't feed for a couple days. It really doesn't effect the health of the fish.

I have to ask, do fish get fed regularly in the wild? It won't make a whole lot of difference whether they eat on schedule or not.

Yes I wondered that. You would think there would be a regular feeding pattern (eg dusk, tide change) but is that feeding regularly or by opportunity? Plus do predator fish feed relatively less often while fish that eat plants graze more often (or am I getting confused with cows and nature shows)?

Back
Top Bottom