DIY small fry safe house check it out hhahahaha!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

...joey...

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's a glass the right way up on the bottom of the tank small fry in then net on top and held down with some fake plants and the gravel, still going well :)

image-2869265258.jpg

not a bad idea. but u have to take it out daily to feed them, right? and with a tank the size yours looks, that means your going almost shoulder deep in water everyday. not to mention the fry will quickly outgrow the glass. i assume its very temporary

Mike W said:
not a bad idea. but u have to take it out daily to feed them, right? and with a tank the size yours looks, that means your going almost shoulder deep in water everyday. not to mention the fry will quickly outgrow the glass. i assume its very temporary

I only have one fry left that has not been eaten by other fish or my lobster and I just rub fish flakes against the mesh of the net and some food sieves through and the food that doesn't the other fish eat. By the time the fry is big enough to out grow the glass it will be big enough to fend for itself but for the next breed of my silver flying fox I have brought loads of thick and dense plants for the laying of eggs and for the young fry to hide then I will catch them and put them into separating mesh :)

Back
Top Bottom