Down sizing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Demonknight

Aquarium Advice Freak
Decided to down size from my 125g, question is what will my current stock fit in without issues?.. Stock is 4 Juvi angels, 10 raspboras, 7 black tetras, 2 bristle nose and 6 or 7 otos, current fitler amnd light will move over to new tank as will most of the plants (will be selling off the extras) Would a 55g be to small?

I think a 55gallon would work. But that's the absolute minimum for all those fish.

wow, 125 gallon down to a 55 gallon.... It's like living in a 3 bedroom house and moving into a small 1 bedroom apartment.

Sparky74 said:
Or a 90, which is the same footprint as 75...

It's still technically a downsize :lol:

Agree. If you can fit a 55 g than the 90 should work as well.

7 bst's take up a lot of space though. If you are for-sure getting a 55, would it be possible to re-home a couple bst's? If not, you would maybe still be ok. I agree that 55 is the absolute minimum for all those fish.
It will definitely work while the angels are juvies, just keep an eye on them are they grow up to avoid issues.

Yeah hoping a pair forms out of the angels and then I can rehome or get another big tank..main reason I was thinking of the 55 is the buck a gallon sale.

Yeah hoping a pair forms out of the angels and then I can rehome or get another big tank..main reason I was thinking of the 55 is the buck a gallon sale.
Does the dollar per gallon sale max out at 55? If you were thinking about a bigger tank anyway, you could save yourself the money and just get a 75 now. If you do get a pair, would you re-home the pair or the others? I think your set-up would be fine if you got a pir and then re-homed the others. As long as you have plants and stuff that are tall to keep encourage the angels to stay on side of the tank. Aquascaping is everything when keeping an angel pair as part of a community.

Whoops, I mis-read that. You said you would maybe get ANOTHER big tank. So, would you put the pair in a different tank or the others?

If I get one now (55g) I can make the argument that I can get a second down the road and still take up less space than the one I have now :whistle: But I do believe it maxes out at 55g on the sale end... It also dawned on me that I could put the rasps and one bristle into a 20g that we have for my kid, which opens more room in the 55g.

As for plants, well i have 7 or 8 different kinds at this time so tall plants are no problem, in fact having to big of plants will be a bigger issue as one of the 3 java ferns I have is getting really big.

Back
Top Bottom