Driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterflyjenni

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking to go all natural in my tank and would like to find a decent piece of driftwood that's not too expensive. Any Thoughts?

Expensive is a relative term...Not sure what it is for you but here's some good looking Driftwood. I am looking to get a piece from him. I've never dealt with him before or know anyone who has...Just found him online

Driftwood

no opportunity to find some yourself? that way you get exactly what u want, and all u spend is some time and a little gas money

Driftwood

Hello butterfly...

I like Bhead's approach to the driftwood question. The commercial stuff is really average at best. I don't like the stuff because it's pricey and leaches tannins into the tank water. To me, the tannins look like the tank is dirty.

Anyway, there must be some riverbeds or pond and lake areas near you where you can just pick up some nice pieces. This is a real chance to be creative and have an original looking tank.

Cleaning the pieces is easy and safe for the tank. You can also pick up some nice rocks to weigh down the wood or you can attached plants to the wood with black sewing thread and float everything.

It's a great chance to get a little fresh air and some exercise.

I have six tanks and all of them have wood pieces I gathered locally. You need to be careful though, because in some areas this kind of activity is illegal.

B

Back
Top Bottom