driftwood banghead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big.Jon

Aquarium Advice Activist
So bought a piece of driftwood from lfs. Thought this would be easy so I first ran through the dishwasher twice ( no cleaners obviously ) then tried it in tank so that didn't work. Tried boiling it and then left it in the tank for a week. Still floating strong nice hard piece of drift wood still. Guess I am going to have to tie it down some how, maybe to the under gravel filter or something next time I do large pwc. Anyone have any other tricks?

Use a stone to hold it down. That's what I do and then you can tale it out once it's water logged.

Get a flat slate rock wait till dw is dry and use aquarium safe sealant and attach it to rock wait till dry and when u put it in hide rock under substrate.... good to go

Some take time to soak really good before they stay down. You could use rocks leaning on top of it to keep it down, or lead fishing weights work really well. I used fishing line to tie the weights under one piece and just left them in place. Lead is inert and won't foul your water (plant weights are made of lead BTW).

Thanks for the suggestions like the slate idea but the lead weights probably easier. As I have plenty of fishing line and weights.

Back
Top Bottom