Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try-na View Post
What would you like to know about corys? I have quite a few different types & love them. I also have a few different types of loaches. I'll help if I can.
Oh & you can also have more than 1 female beta in a tank assuming you have room. Mine like to stick close to each other. It's a good way to add a little flash in a tank. These are my 4 girls
Try-na, did you all your girls in together at once? Any problems with less than four?

Old 05-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, I'm going to give an angel a shot, but I should add the angel last, right?

Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantaris View Post

Try-na, did you all your girls in together at once? Any problems with less than four?
Bettas can be solitary, but only females will enjoy some company
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm glad Try-na has all this experience with bettas and gouramis together. I have one female betta in my 55 gal with assorted fish. Plus, a neon blue DG, a pearl gourami, and a giant gourami. I'm glad to know she successfully added more female bettas. I'd love to have a few more of them but didn't know how they'd be with each other. Her knowledge gives me hope. I agree with her posting also about getting the base fish first and holding off on your centerpiece fish. I have a couple of centerpieces in my tank.

"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." - Theodore Roosevelt
thursyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantaris View Post

They did & all were fine. I have 1 girl I added later & she has a completely different personality & didn't seem happy. I have mover her into my shrimp tank for a bit to see if that helps & so far she's doing better. I plan to move her back in with others soon & see how it goes. She was a lot smaller & hid all the time so once she gets a bit bigger I'm sure she'll be fine
Old 05-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursyanna View Post
I'm glad Try-na has all this experience with bettas and gouramis together. I have one female betta in my 55 gal with assorted fish. Plus, a neon blue DG, a pearl gourami, and a giant gourami. I'm glad to know she successfully added more female bettas. I'd love to have a few more of them but didn't know how they'd be with each other. Her knowledge gives me hope. I agree with her posting also about getting the base fish first and holding off on your centerpiece fish. I have a couple of centerpieces in my tank.
I had a pair of giants & loved them. They really should be in pairs so possibly think about getting another one? Or they will also pair with the Thick Lipped & will cross breed if conditions are right. Be careful with the pearl. My turned very aggressive once he hit maturity & wouldn't let any of my other fish eat so I had to give him away. I've been told this can happen with them in planted tanks. Also be careful with Gold or the Blue (3 spot) as they are on the more aggressive side of the register as well.

I've found that if you add another female betta to the group you should try to get one that's close to the same size as the one you already have. Although peaceful they can be a bit of a bully & this makes it less likely.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursyanna View Post
I agree. Try-na's experience is so helpful to us who love the beautiful gourami varieties and would love to venture toward a tank of them. Thanks for the input, Try-na.

Tags
29 gallon, betta, dwarf, dwarf gourami, female, female betta, gourami

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com