Dwarf Gourami Bullying Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPillow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys,

I have a 20g tank that is bare-bottom and contains various cory species and a single male dwarf gourami.

I have noticed that lately whenever feeding time comes around, not only does the gourami eat his floating food, but he bullies the corys out of anything that is on the bottom. The cory's get mainly algae wafers, a few shrimp pellets every now and then, and whatever the gourami misses from the surface. It is becomming increasingly difficult to make sure the cory's get their food. The gourami seems to steal EVERYTHING and eats to the point of extreme visible bulging in his stomach.

Anyone have any ideas to alleviate the situation? I have no other tanks the DG could go in otherwise he would have been moved already. I hate to get rid of the little guy but it is looking more and more like the only option :(

Thanks!

Hi,

Are there any decorations in the tank??? You can always try moving things around so the gourami establishes a different territory, perhaps the cories are too close to his.

Feed the gourami first, and then while he is feeding, sneak the cories some food. It usually works.

Back
Top Bottom