Dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a 10 gallon tank for around $13 at Walmart. Would that be possible? Do you have a large plastic bin you could use as a temporary home? I used a 20 gallon plastic storage container as a QT tank for plants and such. Could you divide the 10 gallon you have for now? Take some plastic mesh and stretch it across the tank to divide it into two sections. The puffer will kill the other fish by taking bites out of them or just harassing them to death. If none of that is possible you may want to take him back to the pet store or take the other fish back.

You can get a 10 gallon tank for around $13 at Walmart. Would that be possible? Do you have a large plastic bin you could use as a temporary home? I used a 20 gallon plastic storage container as a QT tank for plants and such. Could you divide the 10 gallon you have for now? Take some plastic mesh and stretch it across the tank to divide it into two sections. The puffer will kill the other fish by taking bites out of them or just harassing them to death. If none of that is possible you may want to take him back to the pet store or take the other fish back.

Its a 20g long not a 10 and i traded him today for a bunch of anacharis.

That's probably for the best Fishman. It sucks to have to give up such a great fish, but when we impulse buy like that we often lose out. Maybe when you have the proper set up for him, you can get another.

That's probably for the best Fishman. It sucks to have to give up such a great fish, but when we impulse buy like that we often lose out. Maybe when you have the proper set up for him, you can get another.

Yeah maybe, when i went to the lfs the idiot who works there stuck him ina brackish tank with a giant green dot. I quickly told him that it was fresh only and he just sat there and watched my little guy get terrorized by this massive fish (compared to the DP) then after a minute or so he stuck him in another tank on his own with some snails for a treat. I told him what i knew about the fish and then got my plants and left. Hope he survived :(

I hope so too. I can't tell you how many times I've told an employee that's a bad idea or you really should do this and they looked at me dumbfounded.

Yup I got into an argument with the fish story owner about how dwarf puffers are not brackish fish. She was like I have been in the business for 30 years. Ended up not buying from her and instead payed extra to get mine dwarf puffer online.

Yup I got into an argument with the fish story owner about how dwarf puffers are not brackish fish. She was like I have been in the business for 30 years. Ended up not buying from her and instead payed extra to get mine dwarf puffer online.

Wow, luckily i have 4 lfs in my area, but this one is the only to take fish.

Buyer beware.... research first and a lot of bad situations can be avoided. To blame an LFS employee is silly and misguided. You are there for the fish, they're there for the pay check. Generally speaking, I know many wonderful LFS employees.

Closing thread. It has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom