Dwarf puffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bit of a random i got a puff who seems to have a worm stuck in her mouth not sure if i should intervene or not shes had it there since last night
Its really faint but shes the one right at the back trying to actually get a photo of the worm is pretty impossible ?

IMG_1515677419.457946.jpg

Seriously! What should i give them ive never had puffs before i know they can have certain things because their scaleless fish

Just keep an eye on them for now, if they're not eating properly or appear bloated or overly fat then consider treatment. You can research proper parasite treatments, thank you wanted to something along the lines of Metro and kanaplex

I just googled prazipro and its a american product i cant get it in the uk [emoji30] is there anything specific in it thats good for them?

The active ingredient is praziquantel, which is used to treat NTDs all over the world. It may have a different name, but I'm sure you can get it in the UK.

I found it on ebay comes from the states wont be here till the end of the month going to try local fish shop before i commit as its a rather long wait and i dont want to lose any puffs

What I used to de worm my puffers was API General Cure. It contains praziquantel and Metro. If you can find that at the store it will work just as well.

Back
Top Bottom