Eclipse Sytem 2 and plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TankGirl said:
I guess my photo did post, after all! I did not get the usual message that "your image has uploaded" so I did not think it was there.

Anyway, as Fruitbat mentioned, when it comes to substrate and java fern "never the 'twain shall meet" holds true, though I know many people who shove it in the gravel and it grows fine. It is just not necessary (as long as the rhizome is not buried, it attaches to the gravel). I use it attached to objects to add plantings in the middle and upper strata of my tanks.

Do you have any recomended objects to attach it to? I current'y do not have much in my aquarium.

Do you have any recomended objects to attach it to? I current'y do not have much in my aquarium.

Rock, Driftwood, decorations. tie the rhizome to almost anything that is the slightest bit porous, and it will grab ahold in a couple weeks, tops.
I tie java fern onto things with black cotton string, the string rots away and the fern is very well attached, every time.

I use cotton thread, like CC, and I have driftwood, and those cheesy fake "cave" decorations that work as a base for the java fern.

Back
Top Bottom