Effects of vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend sold me a 55g tank but her mother is a heavy smoker so naturally the tank smells like smoke and is making my bedroom where I'm keeping it smell like smoke as well. I've heard of a home remedy of using white vinegar and want to know how much afterward I'd need to scrub it to make it safe. As of now there are NO fish in the tank only about 2 inches of water or so

Sent from peliper

Plain white vinegar is commonly used to clean used tanks so do not be too worried about using it! Just do not mix it with anything else and make sure you rinse the tank well with plain water. If there any hard water deposits, a razor blade along with vinegar removes them fairly easily. Hope this helps! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Plain white vinegar is commonly used to clean used tanks so do not be too worried about using it! Just do not mix it with anything else and make sure you rinse the tank well with plain water. If there any hard water deposits, a razor blade along with vinegar removes them fairly easily. Hope this helps! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
+1 vinegar is very safe. Its even dosed directly into salt water tanks to reduce nitrates :) Too bad that doesnt work with fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom