Electric Blue Ram Gender ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be hesitant to do in the 26 bow front. It doesn't have a big foot print so therefor the tank may not provided enough room for territories. If you must do another for this tank I would shoot for another female.

I would be hesitant to do in the 26 bow front. It doesn't have a big foot print so therefor the tank may not provided enough room for territories. If you must do another for this tank I would shoot for another female.

Alright, that's what I'll go for then! :) hopefully I can get a female, my lfs can't tell males and females apart

I wouldn't recommend getting another female. I have the exact tank with 3 GBR rams. And I'm rehoming as soon as they pair up.

I wouldn't recommend getting another female. I have the exact tank with 3 GBR rams. And I'm rehoming as soon as they pair up.

With enough hiding places, it could work. It may not be the ideal situation but I don't see it turning into a bloodbath.

Here's my tank. I think there's plenty of hiding places for one more ram :) what do u think about aqua scaping? Like or dislike. I don't like my blue gravel, but I picked it out a long time ago and just never changed it. Other than the gravel, I think it looks descent

image-334399710.jpg

image-1446508970.jpg

image-1586573096.jpg

Just captured a great picture of Blue (my EBR's new name)

He is really starting to color up and is super bright. Take a look at this pic and see if you think blue looks like a male or female now that he's been in the tank for a few days :)

image-2259380100.jpg

I read somewhere that male electrics lean twoards pairing up with female gbr and often neglect female ebr if there is a gbr around

I read somewhere that male electrics lean twoards pairing up with female gbr and often neglect female ebr if there is a gbr around

I have a female GBR so maybe they'll pair up of he's a male.

Does my EBR look like a male to you? I'm still not 100% sure what the gender is.

Anyways their offspring still would look SUPPPPER cool. I saw a video of some on youube and thats what ive been striving to get so either way its a win win i think

Anyways their offspring still would look SUPPPPER cool. I saw a video of some on youube and thats what ive been striving to get so either way its a win win i think

Ill have to google it a little, the offspring sounds very interesting ! :)

Back
Top Bottom