favorite fish for a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're looking for a great little guy to help with waste I would highly recommend an albino Cory catfish. Very peaceful but high energy. Mine likes doing flips in order to break to the top to grab some air :)
i would love to have an alibino cory! but i would have to get more than one so i dont have enough room. maybe in the future!

Albinos cories are the same as emerald cories. They reach atleast 3", need to be kept in shoals of 4-6, and are very active. I consider 29 gals the absolute minimum for them.

If you do want cories, pygmy cories are absolutely adorable, and the only cories small enough to thrive in a 10 gal. My favs are corydoras hasbrosus.

Really?29 gallons? My little guy seems to do fine in the 10 gallon, he likes to hang out and swim around with my guppies. Is it bad to have him in a 10 gallon tank? I really hope not. He's my favorite and I hope I'm not cramping him :/

Really?29 gallons? My little guy seems to do fine in the 10 gallon, he likes to hang out and swim around with my guppies. Is it bad to have him in a 10 gallon tank? I really hope not. He's my favorite and I hope I'm not cramping him :/
Well they are shoaling fish that should be in groups of atleast 4. A solo cory is one lonely little guy..that's why he tries to swim around with your others. A 10 gallon tank just doesn't have the floor space for a group of active spazzy 3" catfish. I hate to be a debbie downer but I do think you are cramping him and he needs to be with more of his own kind :(

@Kathleen55
I say about 40 gallon is the minimum but of course larger in better. Just keep in mind that they get over a foot. Mine is 8 in at the moment. Had him for a month best thing ever! So cute when they dart around the tank.

@Kathleen55
I say about 40 gallon is the minimum but of course larger in better. Just keep in mind that they get over a foot. Mine is 8 in at the moment. Had him for a month best thing ever! So cute when they dart around the tank.
haha okay well maybe someday then ^_^

I took a risk since I had time to monitor and added a male to my mini female sorority and they are doing very well :)

In my other 10g I love my neons!

Happy Fishkeeping

xx wryly

michelle504 said:
If you're looking for a great little guy to help with waste I would highly recommend an albino Cory catfish. Very peaceful but high energy. Mine likes doing flips in order to break to the top to grab some air :)

Those get too big for a 10g. Some more suitable cory species are pygmaeus, habrosus and hastatus.

Back
Top Bottom