Favorite Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm just curious what everyone's favorite pleco is. I was going to do a poll but there are WAY too many to even give the option for. SO, just post what your favorite one is and why

Small pleco: My little rubber guy. He's sooo cute and tiny. Everytime I see him I can't help but laugh at his size compared to the other fish in the tank. He can't be bigger than an inch and a half.

Large pleco: Sailfin Gibbiceps. I have one and he is BEAUTIFUL.

i havent had a pleco in years but i saw a zebra in a display tank yesterday and it was one of the coolest fish i've ever seen

I like the Zebra... my common pleco's were pretty cool - a lot of personality. Don't see much of my rubbernose. I love the look of the Queen Arabesque too - just gorgeous.

I have two favorites.
If you go by the amount of cleaning done, the bulldog pleco is my favorite.
If you go by looks, tnen the royal pleco is my favorite.

I love my 14 in common pleco, lots of personality. He will eat out of my wifes hand. :ninja:

I've only ever kept commons and Gibbiceps, so those are my two picks. My common is full of personality. The Gibbiceps was mean, but...cool too. :wink:

My "emerald" pleco (also my most expensive fish). I need a digital camera to show you guys and gals what it looks like! :)

i don't havea hands down favorite, but the rubberlips amd the bristlenoses are definitly up there.

If money was no object? A zebra pleco would probably be my favorite.

With budget in mind, I'd probably go with a King Tiger or Queen Arabesque

I really want one of those. My aunt had one thats been around -forever- Beautiful fish, hers isnt as brown though. its jet black. Either way.

JC had to say his pleco because well, it was his

well today i want to get a pleco

hopefully my mom will get me one!

well, i can't say i have a favorite either.

I really do like the folling ones though:
Zebra Pleco
Gold Striped Panaque
Queen Arabesque
some of the ancestrus species
rubbermouthed pleco

Back
Top Bottom