Feast for the eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericflowerfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, check this beauty up and tell me what you think of it?

RedKamFa8001a.jpg
RedKamFa8001d.jpg
RedKamFa8001b.jpg

must be really smart 8P or really stupid... big brain or big skull and pea brain :)

nice fish. never saw one of those b4. is it s cichlid?

I don't know why people like Flowerhorns, i never liked them, i think they're ugly, I don't like them because they're hybrid.

There are fish that are just as colorful that aren't artificial. That rings to me the same way as a jellybean parrot or a painted tetra.

[center:7fa99650a0] :smilecolros: Welcome to Aquarium Advice, ericflowerfish! :n00b: [/center:7fa99650a0]
I don't know much about the flowerfish. Personally, I prefer my Mbuna that look like torpedoes :wink:
Since many of us don't know much about this fish, would you be so kind as to educate us? Thanks! :D

I can assure you guys that this fish is not artificially injected, fed with colorings or stuffs like that. That's why I posted this fish cos it's like a one in a million find. And Raimeken, I fully respect your preference :wink: . It is very common to have two different camps of hobbysists, those that are 100% for natural purebred species and the other for the hybrids. Guess I just appreciate beautiful fishes whatever they are but I am against any process which physically hurts the fish like the cutting of fins or tails cos I can't imagine how I'd feel if you cut off my toes or fingers so I can look nicer. :x Those are the guys that I feel are simply cruel.

Better get that fish to the ER cause his head is about to pop.
Looks like a darn tumor.

Or did his bump his head on the side of the tank...LOL

im tellin ya their prolly really smart because look at their brains (the bump)

like mojo jojo on powerpuff girls 8P hes a really smart monkey

I don't particularly care for them, but there is a huge market for them and they are not cheap, so there are obviously a lot of people who are major fans of this fish. They are relatively aggressive but are usually kept as specimen fish, from what I understand. It is personal preference, like the bubble eye goldies, or some of the other kinds of goldfish that have unusual shapes that some find fascinating and others consider to be deformities.

:lol: Hahaha, u guys sure are a funny lot. Love your comments and your perpective of things, especially the ER joke and the fish being pretty smart from the look of it's hump. Ok, here's another 1 or 2 pics of those with a lesser hump (wonder if they are dumber?) :wink:
SRD0018d.jpg
SSS0002b.jpg

Gorgoeus fish in color and deportment (do they say that for fish too).
I personally don't care for any of the fish that have that shape in the head, hibrids or not.
heh! It does make them look brainy!

smarte see!

Yes, um Poindexter is a young student in his second year of chemistry. looking for Ms Right

Miss Parker is a 3rd year student who is also an assistant in out college library.
She is looking for Excitement!

Re: smarte see!

Christmasfish said:
Yes, um Poindexter is a young student in his second year of chemistry. looking for Ms Right

Miss Parker is a 3rd year student who is also an assistant in out college library.
She is looking for Excitement!

hahaha :lach:

I think many of the flowerhorns go to Chinese restaurants and Chinese fish keepers. Flowerhorns have good "feng shui" (according to my last girlfriend, who is Taiwanese), as do fancy goldfish, discus and arrowanas. One of the contributing factors to this good feng shui is that many flowerhorns have what looks like Chinese calligraphy on their sides.

I'm afraid I can't explain it much more than this.

I've always liked flowerhorns, but they are so expensive. They have such a unique shape. :)

Back
Top Bottom