Feeding your pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What don't i feed my pleco?! What kind do you have? The diets can vary slightly between the different varieties.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1413153597244.jpg
    1413153597244.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 100
That's a wide variety!! Do you feed fruits or veggies?
Mine is a scaredy-cat!! HAHAHA, he's a bristle nose.

Too funny Brookster. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a fridge/freezer that looks like that.

I have two BN plecos and I feed them all sorts of stuff. Besides the normal algae wafers and shrimp pellets, I'll also feed them cucumber or zucchini slices, peas and, more recently the Rapashy gel food.
My Calico BN goes after everything, but I've only actually seen my Albino BN eat the veggie slices. She must be a secret nighttime eater.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine seems to like to munch on my Albino Cory catfish.. He's knocked off 3 of them :( Other than that, I feed him algae wafers and Fluval sinking pellets

Ohhh.. mine stalks me at night. If I sit on the couch on the other side of the room at night he comes out but if I make the slightest move he bee lines to his hiding spot!

Everynow and then i put some sinking discus pellets, all the other fish i have enjoy them too. I tried to feed them zucchini, but it went untouched. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those that use vegetable slices, you boil them first? I heard it makes it softer and easier to eat

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed mine almost all the foods listed above, but they LOVE canned green beans.

it takes a few days for them to learn that its food when you put a new type of veggie in the tank
I put mine on a tiny shrimp fork with heavy fishing line and lower it into the same spot all the time so they learn to eat there

I'm not convinced I do feed mine. He hides all the time. I maybe see him once a week.

Sent from my XT1021 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom