FFFF dead, MFFF sad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apocalypse_Gold

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had to put down my Female Florida Flag Fish yesterday and now my Male Florida Flag Fish is heartbroken :cry: . He just swims around the tank looking for her but and not finding. He didn't even eat yesterday morning before I euthenized her. I didn't know that they were such loyal mates. It is really sad to see him looking so depressed and confused by the loss of his other-half. He could be a bit of a bully to her (and any other tankmates) but now, he mourns.

I just wanted to share.

Aww that is so sad. So sorry to hear about your female flag fish. I also wonder if you could get another female for him?

I've asked two of my lfs if they had any. The one said that they might get some in the first part of next week. Unfortunately the ones that they get are rather small, and the male is fairly big. I'm going to call a few more places to see if I can get one tomorrow.

I'm sorry for your loss. i have just had a coupl myself. They were 20" salmon catfish, 1 died from an injury and the other starved itself in mourning.:(
I reccomend moving the tank around to try and take his mind of the loss. And then add another female. Hopfully he will be happy again. :)

Back
Top Bottom