Filter Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey there - I am a pet industry retailer and have just signed on with another distributor to be able to order aquarium products.

I am planning another tank. First, I'd like to know some feed back on filters - this tank is going to be a big one (big for me anyways 75-100 gallon) SO, I could certainly use some feed back as to what to get for the filter...

They have a wide variety of tanks I can choose from SO I'm quited excited.

Filter choice is a bit more limited so I could use some suggestions!

Thanks!
Janelle

Hi All - I'm interested in looking at the Fluval - but I would like a bit more feedback as to what is the BEST Canister Filter for a 72 gallon tank.

Any more advice?

Hi All - I'm interested in looking at the Fluval - but I would like a bit more feedback as to what is the BEST Canister Filter for a 72 gallon tank.

Any more advice?

The best is really suggestive and up to debate as there are a couple of good quality canister filters. Eheim, Rena and Fluval are the most common names I continually read about on here.

I have a Fluval 404 on my 75gal and the fish make more of a racket the filter. The 05 and newer 06 series are just good quality canister models. Now if your looking for the best economically and store available .... the Fluval FX-5 is one way to go.

I suggest the Aquatop CF500UV. It has awesome reviews and is relatively cheap for its size and performance.

I would agree with jcolon

eheim, rena, and fluval are the most common and best value for the money

but if you have quite a lot of money, and don't care if you spend extra, then I'd go with an ADA filter, as those are tested anr proven not to lost flow after media is put in, most companies only test and rate flow before media

I have a 72G and this is what I have running on it...........

eheim pro III ultra 158G canister @ 300gph( i don't like the flow much)
+
penguin 350 bio-wheel(350gph)

If i were to do it again THIS is what I would do

2X penguin 350 bio-wheels by marineland

AMAZING filters, never lose flow, and are only $30 with free shipping on amazon making for a ssuper deal

the eheim was a waste of my money as it was $250 and gets clogged easily and loses flow often, a pain to clean, takes at least a hour(not a pain, as all canisters take that long)

I'd go with dual penguin 350s anyday

there is also the emperor 400 by marineland which is $45 on amazon and is 400gph and you could do 2X that if you are stocking heavily, has spraybars so it aerates the water which is a +

Back
Top Bottom