Final 75 stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
4 GBRs
10 cherry barbs
6-8 angels
ABN plecos(?) how many?

Partly planted with tall amazon awards and other various common plants

Ideas, comments, thoughts?

I would personally scrap the cherry barbs for a different schooling fish. When I had them they didn't school very well and spent most of their time in separate parts of the tank. I think a more tightly schooling fish would work out a lot better. Something like rummy noses, cardinals, or harlequin rasboras.

I wouldn't do that many angels. 5 would be my max. You could get two BN plecos if you want, or some other bottom feeders like yoyo loaches, stratia botia, or cory cats.

4 rams didn't last in my heavily planted 75 gallon, you will likely have a hard time keeping the males from fighting and one will probably end up being stressed to death, but this isn't always the case I guess. I also had 5 angels at one time in the tank and there was some issues, when they become adults or when they start spawning you will see a to of aggression. I have one adult and 3 juveniles and there is some chasing already. Just my experience. I would also suggest adding some bottom dwellers as well I love my loaches and in a 75 you could do a good group of striata or angelicus.

What would be a nice school of corys?

I have had the barbs and GBRs for a year so far. And a little aggression but not too much. Only when their are eggs and then they get eaten within 10-12 hrs.

What would be a nice school of corys?

I have had the barbs and GBRs for a year so far. And a little aggression but not too much. Only when their are eggs and then they get eaten within 10-12 hrs.

You're a lucky one then haha, wish it could have worked out in my tank, though you're not exactly out of the wood yet because they may be more aggressive as the age, but again maybe not.

I think a good shoal of corys (corys shoal, not school) would be 10-12 depending on the type. Some corys stay at around the 2 to 2.5" mark and could have a large number in your tank. You could always start with 6 to 8 and add from there if you're not happy with the numbers

So your current stock is 8 cory cats? If that's all you have, then you can get a couple gourami. I wouldn't mix the dwarfs with the normal ones. How about 1 pearl, and 1 opaline.

So your current stock is 8 cory cats? If that's all you have, then you can get a couple gourami. I wouldn't mix the dwarfs with the normal ones. How about 1 pearl, and 1 opaline.

Sounds good but I liked the look of the honeys better. And how big does a opaline get?

I also plan to up my Cory shoal to 10-11

Back
Top Bottom